Puma Biotechnology aims to improve the knowledge of the medical community and thereby advance medicine and healthcare through supporting grants for Independent Medical Education.
Independent Medical Education (IME), inclusive of Continuing Medical Education (CME), is generally defined as education for healthcare professionals provided by an independent educational provider, such as a community hospital, academic center, society/association or medical education or medical communication company.
Puma Biotechnology supports IME programs, both certified and non-certified, for physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other health care professions, for educational programming that is developed consistent with established Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) guidance relating to its Standards for Commercial Support, as well as in alignment PhRMA code and current FDA guidance on industry supported scientific and educational activities. Puma Biotechnology does not control or influence the content of any supported IME programs nor the selection of speakers, authors, or faculty planners involved with the grant-supported programming.
Our current therapeutic areas of interest for IME grant support focus on the following unmet educational areas:
- Emerging evidence relating to HER2 clinical trials
- Emerging treatment considerations relating to HER2-positive breast cancer
- Management of patient experience for patients with HER2-positive breast cancer
How to Apply
- All requestors for grant funding must complete the online grant application: https://www.cybergrants.com/pumabio/mededquiz.
- The following support documentation will be requested as part of the online grant application:
- Letter of request (on requester letterhead)
- Full grant proposal (detailed budget embedded or separate)
- W-9 form
- Certificate of Accreditation
- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the start date of the program.
- If your grant is approved, you will receive email notification and a Letter of Agreement to complete and sign.
Please refer to the downloadable reference document below.
Who May Apply
The following types of organizations are eligible to submit requests for IME grant funding:
Grant requests for accredited activities must be submitted by an accredited provider, even if jointly sponsored by a Medical Education Company.
- Accredited providers
- Medical or professional associations
- Community health centers
- Medical education companies
- Universities or colleges
We do not accept grant requests from individual physicians or groups of physicians in private practice.
- Puma Biotechnology adheres to the standards defined by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) guidelines, the FDA's Guidance: Industry Supported Scientific and Educational Activities, and the PhRMA Code.
- Puma Biotechnology will consider providing independent medical education funding only for programs that are fair balanced and scientifically rigorous.
- Any type of funding provided by Puma Biotechnology may not be tied in any way to the use, purchase, prescription or recommendation of any current or future Puma Biotechnology product.
- Grants cannot be provided to individuals.
Puma Biotechnology, Inc.
10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2150
Los Angeles, CA 90024