Last updated: May 25, 2018
This privacy statement applies to this site (http://www.pumabiotechnology.com), http://www.nerlynx.com, http://www.reducerecurrence.com, and http://www.nalastudy.net (the “Websites”). It does not apply to any site that does not display or link to this statement or that contains its own privacy statement.
Puma Biotechnology, Inc. (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a corporation established in the United States with a registered office at 10880 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2150, Los Angeles, CA 90024, and for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), we are the data controller.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data or usage information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in connection with your use of our Websites. Please read this policy carefully so that you understand your rights in relation to your personal data, and how we will collect, use and process your personal data.
About This Site
This site is not intended for children under the age of 16. We will not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from site visitors in this age group.
What types of information do we collect and how we use it?
Information you give us. You may provide information by contacting us via our Websites, email, telephone, or otherwise.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our products and organization, we will use your information to:
Technical usage information. When you visit the Websites, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information). We collect such information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information includes:
- communicate with you;
- contact you via telephone or email;
- identify our users; or
- enforce our Websites’ terms and conditions.
We collect this information in order to:
- your IP address;
- device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system;
- mobile network information; and
- standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Websites.
- personalize our Websites to ensure content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activity in connection with our Websites and services to improve the Websites;
- administer the Websites and for internal operations, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
- keep the Websites safe and secure; or
- measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others.
A "cookie" is a bit of data that a website sends to your computer browser that helps the website remember information about you and your preferences.
How do we share your personal data?
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- IT Services providers that provide us with SaaS services; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Website,
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law.
Where do we store your personal data?
- in the event that we license or sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective licensee or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
The information that we collect from you will be transferred to, stored at, and processed in the United States. Your personal data is also processed by staff operating in the United States outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff are engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy and have put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that data is adequately safeguarded and protected irrespective of the country in which the data is processed. This includes obtaining written assurances from third parties given access to your data requiring them to adopt standards that ensure an equivalent level of protection for data as that adopted by us. Should you wish to know more about how your personal data is protected please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Websites or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
We will, from time to time, host links to and from the websites of our affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to those websites.
How long do we store your personal data?
After you have terminated your use of our Websites, we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
- your information that you give us through our Websites, email, or telephone; and
- your technical usage information.
In certain circumstances you have rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by contacting us as at Puma Biotechnology, Inc., 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2150, Los Angeles, CA 90024. To exercise any of your rights, please email us at email@example.com. For each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, and in such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure.
- Access: You have the right to know whether we process personal data about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
- Correction: You have the right to require us to correct any personal data held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed.
- Erasure: You may request that we erase the personal data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data,
- we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing, or
- you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
Withdrawal of Consent
- Restriction of Processing to Storage Only: You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal data we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
- you believe the personal data is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate,
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- and you have objected to us processing personal data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal data whilst we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal data.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at Puma Biotechnology, Inc., 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2150, Los Angeles, CA 90024, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objection to Marketing
At any time you have the right to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Puma Biotechnology, Inc.
10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2150
Los Angeles, CA 90024